Introduction: For all the people who travel frequently, here is an SBI credit card you should consider to have. The joining fee of Air India SBI Platinum Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,499/-. The annual fee charged on this Platinum Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,499/- and this will be charged from the second year onwards. If you are having any outstanding statement balance amount, you will be charged with a rate of interest of 3.35% per month and this would be summed up to 40.2% per year.
A guide to Air India SBI Credit Card (Platinum) Benefits
Quick Key highlights of Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
- As the name suggests, the Air India SBI Platinum Credit card has been introduced to give premium benefits for frequent flight travellers.
- Bookings of travel made on Air India will be eligible for accelerated reward points.
Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card travel benefits
- This credit card will provide you with a complimentary membership to the Premier Air India Frequent Flyer Program – Flying Returns.
- For each amount of Rs.100/- which you are spending for booking air tickets on the official website of Air India, you will be able to receive 15 reward points.
- It will also provide complimentary access to domestic airport lounges.
- You will be able to receive a welcome offer of 5,000 reward points from SBI when you are signing up for the credit card. These reward points will be credited to your account within 15 days of joining or at the time of payment of an annual fee.
- You will also a receive free membership to the Flying Returns Program which is an Air India Frequent Flyer Program as a joining fee.
- You will also be able to get 15,000 bonus points at the time of achievement of milestone annual purchases or spends.
- For any annual spends amounted to Rs.2 lakh, you will be able to receive 5,000 rewards and for the spends which are made above the amount of Rs.3 lakh, you will be able to receive 10,000 reward points. Hence, the cumulative bonus rewards which you will be earning is 15,000.
You may also like the HDFC MoneyBack Card Benefits.
You can get 2,000 rewards each year when you are paying the renewal fee for the credit card.
- You will be able to receive 2 rewards on each amount of Rs.100/- spent using the credit card.
- Each amount of Rs.100/- which are spent on ticket booking for yourself will provide you with 15 reward points and 5 reward points when you are booking for others.
- You can convert reward points into Air India Air Miles which can be redeemed later for bookings made on travel on Air India. One reward point will be equal to one Air India Air Mile.
A waiver on surcharge of fuel
- You can get a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge on all the transactions made on fuel by making use of the credit card. This waiver will be valid at all the petrol stations present throughout India for the transactions which are worth an amount of Rs.500/- to Rs.4,000/-.
- The maximum amount of waiver which can be availed per one billing cycle is an amount of Rs.250/-.
SBI Air India Platinum Card airport lounge access as a complimentary
By making use of the Visa Lounge Access Program, you will be able to get 8 visits as a complimentary to selected domestic airport lounges. You can also get access to lounges at almost 600 international airports with the Priority Pass Program offered as a complimentary.
Balance transfer on EMI
You can also consider transferring the outstanding balance amount on your credit cards belonging to other banks to the SBI credit card and then repay it in EMIs. The balance transfer on EMI provided by SBI comes at a lesser rate of interest and processing fee.
This facility of Flexipay will allow you for the conversion of any big purchases made using the credit card into EMIs. Any purchase which is worth an amount of Rs.2,500/- or more can be converted into EMIs and can be repaid in tenures which range between 3-12 months.
Lost card liability
You will be able to enjoy the facility of lost card liability which would offer coverage of Rs.1 lakh with this credit card.
Bookings of railway tickets
By making use of this credit card, you will be able to receive the facility for online booking of railway tickets and get them delivered to your house.
You may also check the ICICI Bank Car Loan Fees, Charges.
Fees and charges of Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
- Joining fee charged on this Platinum Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,499/-.
- Air India SBI Platinum Card annual charges : No annual fee will be charged on this credit card for the first year and from the second year onwards, you will be charged with an annual fee of Rs.1,499/-.
- Rate of interest charged on this Platinum credit card will be up to a maximum of 3.35% per month.
- Charge for cash withdrawal is 2.5% of the amount of transaction which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.300/-. This is applicable to the ATMs of SBI and other domestic ATMs. When it comes to international ATMs. 3% of the amount of transaction.
- Fee for the redemption of rewards is an amount of Rs.99/-. There will be no redemption fee for Air India Miles.
- Fee for late payment will be NIL if the outstanding balance amount is up to an amount of Rs.200/-. An amount of Rs.100/- will be charged as a late payment fee of the outstanding balance amount is between Rs.201/- to Rs.500/-. If the outstanding balance amount is between the amounts of Rs.501/- to Rs.1,000/-, then an amount of Rs.400/- will be charged as a late payment fee. A late payment fee of Rs.600/- will be charged when the outstanding balance amount is between Rs.1001/- to Rs.10,000/-. If the outstanding statement balance amount is between the amounts of Rs.10,001/- to Rs.25,000/-, then a late payment fee of Rs.800/- will be charged. Any outstanding balance amount above Rs.25,001/- will be charged with a late payment fee of Rs.950/-.
- Fee for cash payment will be an amount of Rs.100/-.
- Fee for payment dishonour will be 2% of the amount of payment which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.450/-.
- Fee for cheque pickup is an amount of Rs.100/-.
- Fee for cheque payment is an amount of Rs.100/- and this will be charged for the cheque payments up to a maximum of Rs.10,000/-.
- Charge for replacement of card is Rs.100/- when you are in India and there will be no charges of you have lost the card abroad.
- Fee for foreign currency transaction is 3.5% of the amount of transaction.
- Charges for over-limit is 2.5% of the amount of over-limit which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.500/-.
Eligibility Criteria required for the application of Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
For being eligible for this credit card
- You will be required to maintain the stability of your income. You will be informed about the criteria of income you will have to meet when you are applying for the card.
- You should meet the criteria of age as specified by the State Bank of India.
- Your credit score should be high.
Any other eligibility criteria required will be informed to you by the bank at the time of application.
Required documentation for the application of Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Recent Payslips.
You may be interested in Goa Tour Packages.