Introduction: Hello friends we are back with best airline credit cards in India. Airline Credit cards are mainly designed for people who travel frequently. Most of these credit cards will provide maximum reward points when you are spending on a few of these partnered airline tickets.
A step by step guide to Airline Credit Cards in India
These airline credit cards will come with benefits such as premium lounge accesses throughout domestic and international airports, Flyer programs membership and bonus reward points when you are applying for these cards. Below is a list of a few best travel credit cards India 2019 along with their key benefits and highlights.
Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
This is one of the best airline credit cards in India and the annual fees charged on this credit card is an amount of Rs.1,499/-.
Main benefits and features of this Air India SBI Platinum Credit card
- You will be able to receive a welcome bonus of 5000 points as a joining benefit on this credit card.
- You can also get 8 visits to domestic Visa airport lounges per year as a complimentary.
- You will also be able to get a membership to the Air India Frequent Flyer Program as a complimentary.
- An amount of Rs.1 lakh will be offered on this credit card as a Lost Card Liability Cover.
- You will receive 2 reward points on each amount of Rs.100/- spent and a maximum of 15,000 bonus reward points per annum.
SBI Etihad Guest Credit card
Annual fee charged on this SBI Etihad Guest Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,499 added with GST.
Main benefits and features of SBI Etihad Guest Credit card
- You will receive a chance to receive 2,500 Etihad Guest Miles as a joining benefit.
- The credit cardholder will be able to receive 3 Etihad Guest Miles on each amount of Rs.100/- which is spent at etihad.com.
- The annual fee which is charged on this credit card is completely waived off on spending an amount of Rs.3 lakhs in the previous year.
- You can get insurance coverage of an amount of Rs.25 lakhs along with this credit card.
- You will be able to convert transactions of high value into easy EMIs within 30 days of those transactions.
You may also like the Credit Cards with No Annaul Fee.
Axis Bank Vistara Credit card
Annual fee charged on this Vistara Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,500/-.
Main benefits of Axis Bank Vistara Credit card
- You will be able to receive 2 CV points per each amount of Rs.200 spent using the card.
- You will also get free access to certain selected Airport lounges domestically.
- You will also have access to interest-free credit period of 20-50 days.
- You will receive a 15% discount on dining at almost 5000 restaurants present across India.
- This credit card will come with lost card liability which is worth an amount of Rs.3 lakhs.
Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit card
The annual fee charged on this Signature Credit card is an amount of Rs.3,000/-.
Main features and benefits of this Axis bank Vistara Signature Credit card
- You will be able to receive discounts at a premium golf club.
- You can also receive a discount of 15% at almost 5,000 restaurants domestically.
- You will also have an interest-free credit period of about 20 to 50 days.
- You can get free access to lounges of domestic airports.
- You will get a lost card liability cover which is worth an amount of Rs.3 lakhs on this credit card as insurance for travel.
Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit card
The annual fee charged on this Infinite Credit card is an amount of Rs.10,000/-.
Main features and benefits of this Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit card
- You will receive 6 CV points for spending an amount of Rs.100/- using this credit card.
- You can get 10,000 CV points upon spending an amount of Rs.1,00,000/- using this credit card.
- You will receive a discount of 15% at almost 5,000 restaurants in India.
- You will receive an amount of Rs.3 lakh as lost card liability cover and travel insurance is applicable on this credit card.
- You will get golf rounds at golf clubs which are premium and these rates will be offered to you with discounts.
Citi PremierMiles Credit card
This credit card is one of the most famous credit cards because it will provide complimentary air travel. This credit card will provide you with AirMiles which you can redeem for bookings at the hotel, car rentals and also air bookings. It will also provide you with free access to certain airport lounges.
This PremierMiles Credit card is charged with an annual fee of an amount of Rs.3,000/-. This particular fee will be waived off for the customers of Citi Priority.
You can aslo check the Credit Cards for Travel Benefits.
Main benefits and features of this Credit card
- You will get 10,000 Miles on your first spend or transaction. For getting these miles, you will be required to spend a minimum amount of Rs.1,000/- within 60 days starting from the date of issuance of the card.
- You will also be able to get 3,000 Miles upon renewal of the credit card.
- This card will provide you with 10 Miles for each amount of Rs.100/- you are spending on any airline transactions and also on the spends which are made at any of the online merchant partners of the bank. It will provide 10 Miles for each amount of Rs.100/- you spend on the official website of PremierMiles. This credit card will provide 4 Miles for each amount of Rs.100/- which you are spending on other types of transactions. These miles will not have any expiry.
- You can also consider redeeming miles for booking tickers of more than 100 airlines, both international and domestic.
- You can consider transferring the miles to the airline and hotel partners of the bank. You can receive 1 Frequent Flyer Mile for every 2 miles which you transfer to Delta Airlines, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines and Air India.
- You also have a facility to apply for this card online.
- When the members of Frequent Flyer program of any airline will book a ticket using their credit card, they will be able to receive FFP miles plus 10 Miles for each amount of Rs.10-/- spent on the purchase of the ticket.
Axis Bank MyWings Credit card
This airline credit card will be provided by Axis Bank and this will let you plan your travel in a smart way. This credit card will have an EMV chip and has offers on the road, railway and airline for customers. This is the best credit card for domestic travel.
The joining fee charged on Axis Bank MyWings Credit card is an amount of Rs.1,200/-.
No annual fees are charged on this card for the first year and from the second year onwards, an amount of Rs.500/- will be charged.
Main benefits and features of Axis Bank MyWings Credit card
- You will be able to receive 2 base fare tickets for free and vouchers for hotel and holiday which would be worth an amount of Rs.10,000/-.
- This credit card will provide 4 points on each amount of Rs.200/- which you spend using this credit card. It will also provide 100 points on the first-ever transaction.
- You will also get access to selected airport lounges as a complimentary.
- This credit card will provide you with a cashback on ticket bookings of a domestic flight, bookings of a bus ticket, car rentals and bookings of railway tickets.
- You also have a facility of converting transactions which are worth an amount of Rs.2,500/- and above into EMI.
- You can get a waiver on a surcharge of fuel when you are using this credit card at any of the fuel stations in India.
For making the most use of the Airline Credit cards, it is very much necessary for you to use them in a responsible manner. If you are a person who travels frequently, these are the credit cards which would be handy for you and it is just that you will be required to take a decision on what are the benefits which suit your financial requirements in the coming future and as per that, you can consider applying for that airline credit card.
Airline Credit cards are mainly used for redemptions of business class and are used only the people who fly frequently with a particular airline. The business of Air miles and loyalty program will exist only because many of us will not actually make use of them.
One more factor to make a decision is connectivity, mainly with Vistara. There is no point in receiving Vistara cards if you are not having connectivity from the city you fly to.
Therefore, select the credit card depending on the frequency of your travel, pattern of your spending and connectivity.
If you are a person who travels less frequently, you have to rather look for rewards related travel credit cards. That’s all folks about the best airline credit cards in India.
You may be interested in Travel Insurance Importance for Indians.