Introduction: Hello friends today we discuss credit cards for online in India. Online shopping seems to be very comfortable. But when you are making use of a credit card for online transactions or purchases, it means that you are exposing yourself to potential frauds. When you are selecting a credit card, it is very much necessary for you to focus on the security features of the credit card along with its credit limit, rewards program, fees etc. However, there are some rules which have been kept in place in a mandatory way by RBI. So, it is necessary to make sure that the credit card provider is also committed to the safety of the customer. Official websites of the bank are frequently hacked into which results in stealing of the credit card details of the customer which are afterwards used for making unauthorized or fraudulent transactions. Always keep in mind, if the credit card provider does not have good security systems, it will make you more prone to frauds.
A step by step guide to credit cards for online in India
Below are a few of the best credit cards India which you can consider using for online shopping. You can use the first few of them for all kinds of shopping on all the top shopping stores. The next part of the credit cards list has particular cards for different e-commerce stores.
SBI Simply Click credit card
This is the best credit card for your online shopping requirements. This credit card will provide you 10 times more reward points on shopping at Amazon, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, UrbanClap, Lenskart, Foodpands.
You will be able to receive 5X rewards on all other types of spends made online.
You may also like the Credit Cards with No Annual Fee in India.
Welcome benefits and Milestone benefits
- You will be able to receive a gift card worth an amount of Rs.500 from Amazon.in once you join.
- An e-voucher from Cleartrip which is worth an amount of Rs.2,000/- when you are crossing annual spends of an amount of Rs.1 lakh.
- You will be able to get vouchers which are worth an amount of Rs.4,000/- on a total spend of an amount of Rs.2 lakhs.
Annual fees charged on this credit card is an amount of Rs,499. If you are spending an amount of Rs.1 lakh and receive a waiver of the annual fee for the next year.
Reward points ratio and redemption
- You will be able to receive 10 reward points for an amount of Rs.100/- spent at the brands which are partnered with SBI.
- You can earn 5 reward points upon spending an amount of Rs.100/- spent on other spends made online.
- One reward point is equal to Re.0.20/-.
- You can consider redeeming the reward points using the rewards program of SBI.
- You can receive 1 reward point for an amount of Rs.100/- made on all the other types of spends.
- A waiver of 1% on the fuel surcharge is provided at all the petrol stations when you make a transaction which amounts between Rs.500/- to Rs.3,000/-. A maximum amount of waiver applied is Rs.100/- per statement.
HDFC Bank Regalia credit card
To make it clear, this is a premium credit card. But if you are calculating the savings you make on shopping, you will be able to save more amounts than the shopping credit cards such as HDFC MoneyBack credit card and ICICI Bank Coral Amex Credit card.
Savings on the usage of this HDFC Credit card
When you are spending an amount of Rs.5 lakhs, you will be able to get 10,000 bonus reward points which are worth an amount of Rs.5,000/-. Here, you will be able to save 1%.
You will be able to receive 4 reward points on each amount of Rs.150/- spent using the credit card. Each reward point is worth an amount of Re.0.50/- which means you are saving 1.33%.
Here, you are saving a total of 2.33%.
Welcome bonus and MileStone benefits
- You can receive 2500 rewards as a welcome benefit.
- Each year, you will be able to receive 2500 rewards as renewal benefits.
- You can receive 10,000 rewards on annual spends of an amount of Rs.5 lakhs.
- You can receive 15,000 rewards if the total amount of spends is an amount of Rs.8 lakhs.
Annual fee charged on this credit card is an amount of Rs.2,500/-. If you are spending an amount of Rs.3 lakhs, then you will receive a waiver of annual fees.
The ratio of reward points and their redemption
- You will receive 4 reward points upon spending an amount of Rs.150/-.
- One reward point will be equal to Re.0.50/-.
- You can consider redeeming reward points for booking travel tickets on the official website of HDFC Bank Regalia website.
- You can select the gifts and redeem your reward points against rewards catalogue.
- You can also redeem your reward points against Airmiles of domestic and international airlines.
- You will have a mark-up fee of 2% on foreign currency.
- A discount of 15% on dining at top restaurants
- 12 access to lounges of domestic airports as a complimentary.
- Priority Pass membership will be provided as a complimentary.
- An amount of Rs.15 lakhs will be provided as medical emergency protection.
- A cover of an amount of Rs.1 crore will be provided as an air accident cover.
- An amount of Rs.9 lakh will be provided as credit liability cover.
- You will get an amount of Rs.55,000/- for travel insurance cover on the delay of baggage.
ICICI Bank Amazon Pay credit card
Yes this is one of the preferred credit cards for online in India. This credit card is proved to be best for the people who love to shop on Amazon. This credit card has been introduced in the year 2018 to provide additional benefits to prime customers.
Facilitating shopping on Amazon
You will be able to save up to 5% on each and every shopping on Amazon.
Process of application
You will not be able to apply for the credit card directly. You will get an invitation to the mobile app of Amazon and you will get an email from Amazon regarding this. You will be able to receive this credit card only when you get this email.
You may be interested in Loans for Bad Credit Score People.
Always ensure that you are adding your current ICICI Bank credit card to your Amazon account so that you will get an invite. If you do not have ICICI card, then you can consider applying for a lifetime free ICICI Platinum Credit card.
No annual fees are charged on this credit card.
Benefits of this credit card
- Amazon Prime Customers will be able to receive a cashback of 5%.
- Non-prime customers can get a cashback of 3%.
- There will not be any cap on cashback for a transaction amounting to the minimum of Rs.3,000/-.
- A cashback of 2% will be provided when you are using a preferred payment method.
- A cashback of 1% will be provided on all other types of payments.
- A 1% waiver on fuel surcharge will be applied.
Axis Bank Buzz Credit card
You will be able to receive an instant discount of 10% when you are shopping on Flipkart from 1st to 5th of every month. Adding to this, you will also receive the milestone bonus.
You will receive a Milestone bonus on two factors. One on Flipkart and the other on the complete spends. Here are the details
- If the annual spends on Flipkart are Rs.25,000/-, then you will receive Flipkart vouchers worth an amount of Rs.500/-.
- If you are spending an amount of Rs.50,000/- on Flipkart, then you will receive vouchers from Flipkart which are worth an amount of Rs.1,000/-.
- If the spends on Flipkart reach an amount of Rs.1 lakh, then you will receive Flipkart vouchers worth an amount of Rs.2,500/-.
- If your overall spends reach an amount of Rs.1 lakh annually, then you will receive Flipkart vouchers worth an amount of Rs.1,000/-.
- If your spends exceed Rs.2 lakhs annually, then you will be able to get Flipkart vouchers which are worth an amount of Rs.2,000/- annually.
For the first year, your annual fee would be NIL and you will also receive a Flipkart voucher which is worth an amount of Rs. 1,000/- as a joining gift. But, you will be required to make a payment of Rs.750/- as joining fee. From the second year onwards, you will be charged with an annual fee of Rs.750/-.
- You will get 2 rewards on each amount of Rs.200/- spent.
- You will receive 3 times more reward points for any online shopping made.
- One reward point will be equal to an amount of Re.0.20/-.
- You can redeem reward points through the program of Axis Edge Rewards.
- You will receive an instant discount of 10% from the dates 1st to 5th on Flipkart on a monthly basis.
- You will also receive an instant discount of 5% from the dates of 6th to 31st of each month on Flipkart.
- A discount of 15% will be provided at partnered restaurants.
HDFC Bank Snapdeal credit card
This is a co-branded credit card for providing extra benefits to the shoppers at Snapdeal. If you are a person who shops regularly on Snapdeal, then only you will be beneficial by using the card.
Savings on Snapdeal
By making use of this credit card, you will be able to save up to 8.33% when you are shopping. You will receive an instant discount of 5% on the purchases made on Snapdeal. Adding to this, you will also be able to earn 20 rewards per an amount of Rs.150/- spent on the card which would save you a total of 8.33%.
Annual fee charged on this Snapdeal credit card is Rs.500/-. If you are spending an amount of Rs.1.5 lakh in a year, then your next year annual fee will be waived off.
You will be able to receive a voucher from Snapdeal which is worth an amount of Rs.2,000/- and as a welcome gift, you will get 500 rewards.
You should not miss the HDFC EasyEMI Credit Card Benefits.
Redemption of reward points
- You will get 2 reward points upon spending an amount of Rs.150/-.
- You will also receive 10X reward points for shopping online at Snapdeal and making purchases through SmartBUY.
- Each reward point is worth an amount of Re.0.25/-.
- You can consider redeeming rewards for
- HDFC Rewards catalogue products
- Purchase of vouchers at Snapdeal.
- A waiver of 1% on the surcharge of fuel.
- An amount of Rs.50 lakhs provided as Free accidental death.
- Protection on fire and burglary. This will be applied to goods which are above the amount of Rs.5,000/- for 180 days.
Axis Bank Neo Credit card
This is my one of the favourate credit cards for online in India. This is mainly designed for those people who spend often on BookMyShow, Myntra, Jabong, RedBus and Freecharge. If you are not a regular shopper on any of the sites, then you will be able to save a maximum of 10%.
An amount of Rs.250 is charged as joining fee for this Neo Credit card and this will be waived off if your spends exceed the amount of Rs.2,500/- in 45 days of card issuance.
The annual fee charged on this Neo credit card is Rs.250.
Welcome gift vouchers which are worth an amount of Rs.1,050/- will be offered.
- You will receive Amazon gift voucher which is worth an amount of Rs.250/- on the first transaction within one month of the card set up.
- A voucher worth an amount of Rs.300/- will be offered by BookMyShow.
- A voucher for an amount of Rs.500/- will be offered by Jabong.
- You will get 2 reward points on each amount of Rs.200/- spent using the card.
- Every reward point will be worth of Re.0.20/-.
- You can redeem your reward points using the rewards program of Axis Edge.
- At Myntra, a discount of 10% will be provided for a minimum purchase amount of Rs.500/-.
- At BookMyShow, a discount of 10% will be provided with monthly benefits of up to Rs.50/-.
- At Redbus, you will receive a discount of 10% with monthly benefits of up to an amount of Rs.100/-.
- At Freecharge, you will receive a cashback of 10% for a maximum amount of Rs.30/- per month.
- A discount of 15% will be provided at the restaurants partnered with Axis bank.
SBI SimplySave Credit card
This is a shopping credit card which will work its best for the spends on grocery, movies and departmental stores.
You will receive 10 points for an amount of Rs.100/- spent on movies, departmental stores, dining, grocery and movies which is worth an amount of Rs.2.5/-
Annual fee of this SBI credit card is an amount of Rs.499/- and this will be waived off in the next year when you are spending an amount of Rs.1 lakh. That’s all folks about credit cards for online in India. If you are planning a travel, you can use these credit cards for booking vacation or holiday packages or airline tickets.