Introduction: Hello travelers today we are have a great information for you on credit cards for travel benefits and Rewards. There are many people in this world who will mostly never pay for flights. Rather than that, they collect reward points and use them. This will also apply for hotels and also for cars which we take for rentals. If you can use your travel reward points, it would be possible for you to receive a very good value out of your credit card. What are we waiting for? let us get into the details of credit cards for travel benefits, rewards.
A step by step guide for Credit cards for travel benefits
A Credit card which will offer rewards on travel is not the same as the one which earns cashback. You can check this article to know the working of travel credit cards and how can you reward for travel using them. You will also come to know of Best travel credit card India in the later sections.
Most of the travel credit cards generally function on a points-based system. You will earn one point for a specific amount set up depending on the amount which you are spending. Anyways, you can generally receive additional points for specific purchases. Depending on how much you are earning, and for what you are earning additional points for, completely depends on what kind of loyalty program you are subscribed to and the credit card you are using.
General rewards on travel
There are several general travel rewards schemes which will allow you to receive points and then redeem those on any items you wish for, starting from airfare to stays at hotels to discounts or cashback. Many of these rewards programs have a clear one point for Rs.100/- spent guideline. Few of these credit cards will also provide chances to get additional points for specific spending types like as on dining or travel.
Always go for the credit card which will offer additional points for the category you spend the most on to increase the chances of earning points.
You should not miss the Credit Card Eligibility in India.
Loyalty rewards on travel
Most of the travel companies will have loyalty schemes connected to credit card providers. So, you will have an opportunity to combine your general loyalty points for hotel reservations and airfare by making use of your rewards on credit card. In most of the cases, you will be able to receive additional points or miles when you are using the credit card which is loyalty branded at the brand, letting you receive free airfare or stays more faster.
Most of these travel companies will also have partners. So, if you are using any particular rental card company with your travel credit card, or if you are eating at any of the partnered restaurants, you might get additional reward points. Few credit cards also have shopping portals, where you can receive additional points miles by making a few purchases from a particular website.
Redeeming your travel reward points
Several credit cards will have a variety of policies about how you will be required to redeem the reward points into actual travel points.
Credit cards which are co-branded will generally provide redemption through the loyalty program the credit card has been associated with. You can consider going to the official website of the hotel or airline directly and then redeem your reward points for travel as your loyalty account will be associated with your credit card.
Transferring your reward points
Many general rewards credit cards will provide redemption options like transfer of miles or reward points to the loyalty program to which they have been partnered with. This is one of the drawbacks of not using a credit card which is co-branded, where you would receive the complete value of your miles or reward points. Anyways, it will provide you with flexibility in which brand you want to travel from.
Online travel portals
Few of the credit card providers will provide redemption through their online portal of travel and shopping. You will be able to spend your reward points by making purchases of travel using their website. You will also be able to receive special discounts on travel, which will encourage you to use their portal for purchases of travel even when you are not spending your reward points.
Finally, few of the credit cards will provide a statement credit on purchases of travel as a method of redeeming your travel reward points. You can make your purchases of travel as usual and then consider applying your reward points to those purchases. You will be able to see a statement credit within 1 to 2 billing cycles. This will provide the advantage of being able to get reward points or miles on your travel reward points.
Best credit cards for travel benefits
In this section, we are listing the best travel credit cards India 2019 which will provide you with the maximum number of benefits and discounts when you are booking tickets, reward points (these can be used for booking tickets) and access to lounges as a complimentary.
All the premium credit cards will provide access to lounge but they may not provide you with any additional travel benefits.
You may be interested in How to Check Credit Score in India.
HDFC diners club black credit card
This credit card is one of the super-premium credit cards which will provide you with unlimited offers on airport lounge access. You will be able to visit more than 700 lounges in India and across the globe without any requirement of any priority pass separately.
You will also be able to receive 5 reward points which are worth an amount of Rs.5/- when you are spending an amount of Rs,150/-. This would directly save you 3.3% on your daily spends.
This card will charge an annual fee of Rs.10,000/- and the yearly fee will be waived off if you are spending an amount of Rs.5 lakh. Annual fee charged on this credit card from the second year onwards is an amount of Rs.5,000/-.
- As a welcome gift, you will receive 10,000 reward points for the first year.
- You will be able to get 5,000 reward points upon renewal of the card.
These welcome benefits which you receive are equal to the annual fee. So, you will be able to enjoy all the benefits without the need for any spends.
To get this credit card, you should have a monthly salary of a minimum amount of Rs.1.75 lakhs or your income should be 21 lakhs per year.
Other benefits offered on HDFC diners club black credit card
- You will get an Air accident cover worth an amount of Rs.2 crores.
- Emergency medical expenses cover worth an amount of Rs.50 lakhs.
- Credit card liability worth an amount of Rs.9 lakhs.
- Travel insurance cover on the delay of baggage which is worth an amount of Rs.55,000/-.
You can consider applying for this credit card if you are a person who travels frequently and likes to have free access to the airport lounge.
SBI Air India signature credit card
This credit card is the one which is suitable for the people who love to travel frequently on the flights of Air India. This is one of the best credit cards for international travel.
You will be able to receive up to 30 reward points for each amount of Rs.100/- spent on AirIndia tickets by making use of this card ( you will receive 30 points when you are booking tickets for yourself and 10 points when you are booking for others).
You will also receive 8 domestic airport lounge accesses in one year as a complimentary. For international airport lounges, you will be required to make a payment of $27 per visit by making use of the Priority Pass Program.
Annual fee charged on this SBI credit card is an amount of Rs.4,999/-.
- You will be able to receive 20,000 reward points as a welcome gift in the first year.
- And in the second year, you will be able to receive 5,000 reward points.
On a whole, you will be able to receive up to a maximum of 1 lakh bonus points on milestone spends and these can be converted into air miles later.
You may also like the Loans for Bad Credit People.
Other benefits offered on SBI Air India signature credit card
- You will be able to receive 4 reward points on each amount of Rs.100/- spent.
- You will get 10 reward points for any spends made on SuperSaver Booklet purchases.
SBI elite credit card
This is a premium credit card which will provide 8 domestic access and 6 international lounge access as a complimentary every year.
You will also be able to receive 10 points for each amount of Rs.100/- for the spends made at departmental stores, dining, grocery and other spends made internationally.
Annual fee charged on this ELITE credit card is Rs.4,999/-. If you spend an amount of Rs.10 lakhs using this credit card, you will get a waiver on an annual fee of this card.
You will also receive a welcome gift which is worth an amount of Rs.4,999/-.
- You will receive 10,000 bonus reward points when you reach annual spends of an amount of Rs.3 lakhs.
- Bonus reward points of 15,000 can be earned once you achieve annual spends of an amount of Rs.5 lakhs to Rs.8 lakhs.
You can consider using these accumulated reward points for bookings made on travel. The only bonus reward points will directly save you a maximum of 1,5%.
Other benefits on SBI ELITE card
- You can earn 2 reward points on all the other types of spends.
- You can earn 9 Vistara points for each amount of Rs.100/- spent on flight bookings of Vistara.
- You will get 2 movie tickets for free which are worth an amount of Rs.500/- per month.
- You will receive a waiver of 1% on a surcharge of fuel.
- You will get 1.99% of foreign currency mark-up.
CITI PremierMiles credit card
You will be able to receive 10 miles for each amount of Rs.100/- spent on booking made on the official website of Citi premier on any airlines by making use of Citi Premier Miles Credit card. This is one of the best credit cards for domestic travel.
You will get 8 accesses to domestic airport lounges as a complimentary per quarter on Visa Signature credit card and 6 access per quarter on MasterCard World card.
An important point to keep in mind here is that Premier Miles will not provide any complimentary access to international airport lounges.
Annual fees charged on this Premier Miles Credit card is an amount of Rs.3,000. This fee will be waived off if you are a Citi Priority Account holder.
- You will receive 10,000 miles for your first purchase or transaction worth an amount of Rs.1,000/-.
- You will receive 3,000 miles upon the renewal of the card.
You can consider redeeming these miles for MMT, Goibibo, Yatra, BookMyShow, Flipkart, IndianOil, Amazon, Indigo for both international and domestic airlines. The value of redemption varies ranging from 0.15 to 0.45 paise based on the option of redemption.
You can also check the HDFC Moneyback Credit Card Benefits.
Other Benefits provided on Citi Bank PremierMiles credit card
- You can receive 4 miles for each amount of Rs.100/- spent.
- An amount of 2 lakhs is provided as Lost card liability cover.
- A discount of 15% on dining at the partnered restaurants.
Axis Bank privilege credit card
This is one of the best credit cards if you use Yatra.com for bookings on travel. As you would get a voucher of Yatra which is worth an amount of Rs.5,000/- as a welcome benefit and one voucher of Yatra which is worth an amount of Rs.5,000/- when you are spending an amount of Rs.2.5 lakhs.
You will be able to receive 8 complimentary access to domestic airport lounges at certain airports in India.
Annual fee charged on this Privilege credit card is an amount of Rs.1,500/-. This will be waived off if you are spending an amount of Rs.4 lakhs in the first year of card issuance.
Other benefits provided on Axis Bank privilege credit card
- You will be able to earn 5 reward points per each amount of Rs.100/- spent on all types of transactions except for fuel.
- You will receive a discount of up to 15% at certain top restaurants.
- You will receive a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge.
ICICI Bank sapphiro credit card
This credit card will come in two variants. One of them is Sapphiro Mastercard and the other is Sapphiro Platinum American Express card.
Sapphiro Mastercard will provide 2 payback points for each amount of Rs.100/- spent on domestic and 4 payback points for the spends made internationally.
Sapphiro Platinum American Express Credit card will provide 3 Payback points for each amount of Rs.100/- spent on domestic purposes and 6 Payback points for the purchases or spends made internationally.
You will receive 16 domestic and 2 international access to airport lounges every year on both the variants.
- You will be charged with an annual fee of Rs.6,500/- for the first year.
- An amount of Rs.3,500/- will be charged as a renewal fee and this will be waived off if you are spending more than 6 lakhs.
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit card will provide a welcome gift voucher which is worth an amount of Rs.10,000/-.
Details of welcome benefit
- A voucher from Shoppers Stop which is worth an amount of Rs.3,000/-.
- 4 vouchers from EaseMyTrip which is worth an amount of Rs.1,000/- each.
- 4 vouchers from Ola which are worth an amount of Rs.250/- each.
- 2 vouchers from Zomato which are worth an amount of Rs.500/- each.
- A voucher from Croma which is worth an amount of Rs.1,000/-.
You will also receive 4,000 Payback points when you are spending an amount of Rs.4 lakhs and extra 2,000 Payback points whenever you are spending beyond Rs.1 lakh thereafter in a year.
Other benefits provided by ICICI Bank sapphiro credit card
- You will be able to receive 1 Payback point on each amount of Rs.100/- spent on utilities, fuel and insurance.
- If you are purchasing one movie ticket, then you will receive a discount of up to Rs.500/- on the second ticket.
- You can save up to 15% on dining.
- You will get 4 rounds of golf as a complimentary each month at the golf courses.
- A waiver of 1% on the surcharge of fuel.
- 2 domestic airport spa visits will be provided as complimentary per one year.
SBI IRCTC credit card
This credit card is the one and only credit card provided for people who often use railways for travelling. You will be able to receive a discount of 10% and a high amount of rewards mainly when you are travelling in A/C classes. One reward point earned will be equal to Re.1/-.
Moreover, you will not be required to make a payment of 1.8% of transaction fees which will save up to 11.8% on all the spends made on train travel.
The only disadvantage using this card is that you will be able to redeem reward points only to purchase tickets on IRCTC.
Annual fee charged on this travel credit card is an amount of Rs.500/- and an amount of Rs.300/- will be charged as a renewal fee.
You will also receive 350 bonus reward points as a welcome offer.
Other benefits provided by SBI IRCTC credit card
- You will be able to receive 1 reward point for each amount of Rs.125/- spent on the card and this will not be applied for fuel transactions.
- You can earn a 1% waiver on fuel surcharge at all the petrol stations.
- An amount of Rs.100/- will be provided as cashback on your first cash withdrawal at ATM within 30 days of card issuance.
That’s all folks about the top credit cards for travel benefits. You can check travel central for travel information in India.