Introduction: HDFC Bank has introduced a new credit card called Millennia Credit card. This credit card has been specially designed for millennials. This credit card will be available for a membership fee of an amount of Rs.1,000/- plus taxes applicable for the starting year and an amount of Rs.1,000 plus applicable taxes of renewal membership fee. You will be able to receive a waiver on renewal fee for the next year of renewal if you are spending an amount of Rs.1 lakh in a year.
A guide to HDFC millennia credit card benefits, features
Quick Key Highlights of HDFC Bank Millennia Credit card
- Cashback of 2.5% on all the purchases made online. This would be applicable to the minimum purchase of an amount of Rs.2,000/-.
- Cashback of 5% on Amazon, Flipkart, Hotel and Flight bookings made through Smartbuy and PayZapp.
- Cashback of 1% on all the purchases made offline and wallet reloads. This would be applicable to the minimum purchase amount of Rs.100/-.
- A waiver of 1% on a surcharge of fuel. The maximum amount of waiver will be an amount of Rs.250/- per month.
- You will get 8 domestic lounge visits every year and these will be provided as a complimentary.
You may also like Credit Card EMI Option.
HDFC millennia credit card welcome and milestone benefits
- You will be able to get gift vouchers which are worth an amount of Rs.1,000/- of you are spending an amount of Rs.1 lakh and above in each calendar quarter for the first year only.
- If you are making a transaction if an amount of Rs.30,000/- and above in the first three months, there will be a waiver on your membership fees of the first year.
- When you are making a payment of your membership fee, you will receive a renewal benefit or a welcome offer of 1,000 CashPoints.
- You will receive a waiver on your renewal membership fee if you are spending an amount of Rs.1 lakh and more in the first year.
- You will be able to receive cash points which are worth an amount of Rs.2,250/- per month.
Benefits on cashback
- You will receive a cashback of up to a maximum of 5% on all the purchases or you can also accumulate or redeem the cashback as CashPoints.
- You can earn cashback by the below ways
- If you are making a payment for your online shopping through SmartBuy and PayZapp for a minimum amount of Rs.2,000/-, you will be able to receive a 5% cashback which would be subjected to a minimum of Rs.750/- per month. Always remember that the maximum cashback which you can collect would be an amount of Rs.1,000/- per month for the starting six months from the date of card issuance.
- If you are shopping online on any apps or websites, you will be able to receive a 2.5% cashback and a maximum amount of Rs.750/- per month if the amount of transaction is Rs.1,000/-.
- All the purchases made offline, wallet reloads, purchases made from point-of-sale and many more will bring you 1% cashback on the minimum purchase of an amount of Rs.100/-. The maximum amount of cashback provided is Rs.750/-. Anyways, the transactions made in fuel will not be eligible to get cashback.
- Transactions of EMI are also eligible to get the benefits of cashback.
Fuel surcharge waiver
If you are making a transaction if a minimum amount of Rs.400/- by making use of your HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card, you will be able to receive a waiver of 1% on a surcharge of fuel. The maximum amount of cashback you will be able to receive per statement cycle is Rs.250/-.
You may also check the ICICI Bank Car Loan Fees, Charges.
Privileges on dining
You will be able to get discounts at premium restaurants throughout the cities by the program of Good Food Trail Dining.
Lounge access program as a complimentary
You will be able to receive access to an airport lounge for 8 visits per year at a charge of an amount of Rs.2/- on the credit card. You will be required to swipe their credit card for getting access to the lounge.
The technology of contactless payment
For the transactions which are below the amount Rs.2,000/-, you will have an advantage of the contactless payments which means that you will not be required to enter the PIN. This facilitates swift, secure payments at merchant stores.
Redemption of cashback
The cashback which you have earned can be redeemed as CashPoints towards the statement balance
- One CashPoint will be equal to Re.1/- and you will be required to accumulate a minimum of 2,500 CashPoints for redeeming it.
- You can redeem CashPoints only in the multiples of Rs.500/-.
- You will be able to redeem your CashPoints towards Rewards Catalogue, bookings of flight and hotels, at a value of 1 CashPoint is equal to Rs.0.30/-.
- These CashPoints should be redeemed before a year of accumulation.
Fees and charges of HDFC bank millennia credit card
- Fee for the first year membership is an amount of Rs.1,000/- adding taxes which are applicable.
- Fee for membership renewal is an amount of Rs.1,000/- plus applicable taxes.
- Fees for the cash advance is 2.5%.
HDFC bank millennia Credit card eligibility criteria
- For salaried employees and self-employed individuals, the minimum age should be 21 and the maximum age should be 65 years.
- For salaried people, your minimum income should be an amount of Rs.30,000/- per month and for self-employed, income should be a minimum of Rs.3.6 lakh per annum.
You may be interested in Delhi Travel Tips for First Time Visitors.