Introduction: If you love online shopping, then you should take into consideration the HDFC Bank Snapdeal Credit card. This will not only help you in online shopping but also helps you in providing cashback on all your daily spends. The fee charged on this credit card will be an amount of Rs.500/- and the fee for the same year would be an amount of Rs.500/-. Anyways, from the second year onwards, there will be no annual fee if you are spending a minimum amount of Rs.1.5 lakh in a year. The rate of interest which is applicable on this credit card is 41.885 per year which comes to 3.48% per month.
Quick Key Highlights of the HDFC Bank Snapdeal Credit card
- This is a co-branded credit card provided by Snapdeal which will provide most of the benefits of shopping at snapdeal.com.
- There will be a waiver on renewal fee on the annual spends which are more than the amount of Rs.1.5 lakh.
- You will be able to receive an instant discount of 5% on all the spends made on SnapDeal.
- You will be able to receive 10X reward points on the shopping made on SnapDeal.
Offers provided by SnapDeal
- You will be able to get a voucher as a welcome gift and a bunch of reward points.
- You will be able to receive vouchers from SnapDeal round the year.
- You will also receive accelerated reward points on purchases which are made at SnapDeal by making use of HDFC SmartBUY.
You will receive 500 reward points once you make the payment of joining fee of this credit card. You will also receive a gift voucher worth an amount of Rs.2,000/- from SnapDeal within 30 days of issuance of the card.
You can shop anything irrespective of time on SnapDeal and receive an instant discount of 5% on the payment made at the time of transaction. Anyways, the maximum amount of discount which is offered per transaction is Rs.500/-.
Reward points program
- For each amount of Rs.150/- which is spent by making use of this credit card will get you two reward points.
- If you do online shopping on SnapDeal, you will be able to receive 10X more i.e., 20 reward points for each amount of Rs.150/- spent using the card.
- HFDC Snapdeal credit card Reward Points redemption can be done against the vouchers of SnapDeal.
A waiver on renewal fee
If you spend an amount of Rs.1.5 lakh or beyond that in one year before the date of renewal, then you will be able to get a waiver on your renewal fee or annual fee which would be an amount of Rs.500/-. If you reach the spending targets consistently, then you will be able to enjoy all the benefits which are provided by the credit card for free for your lifetime.
You may also like the Axis My Zone Credit Card Benefits.
Transactions made secure
The HDFC Bank SnapDeal Credit card will consist of an EMV chip embedded in it. This chip makes sure that each transaction you make using the card is secure and safe. This chip is the one which offers protection to the credit card from counterfeiting and skimming.
A waiver on fuel surcharge
You will be able to enjoy a waiver on the fuel surcharge for an amount of Rs.250/- per month. This fuel surcharge waiver will be valid at all the petrol bunks present in India.
By performing a minimum number of 4 transactions per month, you will receive
- Accidental death insurance which is worth an amount of Rs.50 lakh as a complimentary and
- Fire and Burglary protection for goods which are worth an amount above Rs.5,000/- purchased using your credit card as a complimentary.
Zero lost card liability
If you lose your credit card or if it is stolen, then you should report it to the HDFC Bank Credit card customer care as soon as possible. Once you report this, you will remain zero liable for unauthorized and fraudulent transactions done on the credit card.
You will be able to take up to three add-on cards for your family members who are above 18 years of age without making any payment of additional charges.
You should also check the Axis Bank Neo Credit Card Benefits.
HDFC Bank Snapdeal Credit card fees and charges
- Joining fee for HDFC Snapdeal Credit card is Rs.500/-.
- An amount of Rs.500/- will be charged as an annual fee for HDFC Bank Snapdeal Credit card.
- Rate of interest per month on this credit card is 3.49% per month.
- Fee for cash withdrawal is 2.5% of the amount withdrawn which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.500/-.
- Limit for the cash advance is 40% of the credit limit.
- Fee for the redemption of rewards is an amount of Rs.99/- per request.
- If the outstanding balance is up to an amount of Rs.100/-, no late payment fee will be charged. If the outstanding balance amount is between the amounts of Rs.101/- to Rs.500/-, then an amount of Rs.100/- will be charged. An amount of Rs.500/- will be charged as a late payment fee if the outstanding statement balance is between Rs.501/- to Rs.5,000/-. If the outstanding statement balance amount is between Rs.5,001/- to Rs.10,000/-, then an amount of Rs.600/- will be charged as a late payment fee. If the outstanding balance amount is between the amounts of Rs.10,001/- to Rs.25,000/-, then an amount of Rs.800/- is charged as a late payment fee. Any outstanding statement balance beyond the amount of Rs.25,000/- will be charged with a late payment penalty of Rs.950/-.
- Processing charges for the outstation cheque is Rs.25/- if the value of the cheque is up to an amount of Rs.5,000/- and Rs.50/- if the value of the cheque is beyond the amount of Rs.5,000/-.
- Fee for the processing of cash is an amount of Rs.100/-.
- Charges for over-limit is 2.5% of the amount of over-limit which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.500/-.
- An amount of Rs.100/- will be charged for reissue of the stolen or lost or damaged card.
- The transaction fee for foreign currency is 3.5%.
- Charges for payment returns are 2% of the amount of payment which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.450/-.
Eligibility criteria for the application of HDFC Bank Snapdeal Credit card
- You should be either a self-employed or salaried individual.
- For salaried individuals, they should belong to the age group of 21 to 60 years.
- The self-employed individuals should belong to the age group of 21 to 65 years.
- You should also have a good credit record and a stable income.
All the above-mentioned eligibility criteria are just indicative. Based on the profile of the customer, the bank might also set different guidelines.
Required documentation for the application of HDFC Snapdeal Credit card
There is no exact documentation mentioned for the application of this credit card on the official website. Below are the basic documents required for the processing of any application of credit card
- PAN card
- KYC documents
- Proof of Income like payslips, Income Tax Returns.
- Bank statements.
Depending on your profile, the bank may ask you for extra documents.
The application process of HDFC Bank SnapDeal Credit card
You will have to visit the official website of HDFC Bank and apply for this card directly or you can also consider applying for this credit card directly at HDFC bank branch nearer to your locality.