Introduction: We consider doctors as the people who are almost equal to God and this happens across the world. This is a noble profession and being a doctor will always add so many responsibilities. While the doctors present throughout the world out many efforts to help and serve mankind by making use of their knowledge and skills, banks are also coming up with many creative ways to give an acknowledgement to their service towards mankind. The State Bank of India, is one of the largest financial organisations has come up with Doctor’s SBI card. This is the one and only credit card which is been in association with the most reputed Indian Medical Association. These credit cards can also be customized with the name of the cardholder printed on them. Keep reading toSBI Doctor’s card review to know SBI Doctor’s Credit card details.
Doctor’s SBI card features and benefits
This credit card has a few useful features which the cardholders can use.
This SBI Doctor’s Credit card has advanced contactless technology which will enable you to just wave and pay with your device at the merchant terminals.
Transactions which are made by making use of this credit card will be secured to the maximum as there is a facility of Chip and PIN offered by the bank.
This credit card can be used at almost 24 million stores present across the world which includes 3,25,000 stores present solely in India.
Emergency replacement of card
If you lose your credit card or if it gets damaged, you can consider contacting the emergency helpline of the SBI which work 24.7 and get a replacement for it. This specific facility will be provided at the time of overseas travel also.
Add-on cards or supplementary cards
Primary cardholders can get in touch with the bank for procuring supplementary cards or add-on cards for their beloved family members.
Access to cash globally
You can consider withdrawing cash by making use of your credit card from almost 1 million MasterCard and Visa Card ATMS present across the world.
Bill payment made easy
You can consider making use of this credit card for the payment of your utility bills like telephone bill, electricity bill etc with the facility of Easy Bill Pay which will come with this credit card.
You may also like Credit Card Balance Transfer Tips in India.
You can consider converting your transactions or any outstanding balance amounts into EMIs by making use of this facility of Flexipay.
This credit card will come with the facility of balance transfer by which you can save money in the process of making payments of your outstanding credit card statement.
You will be able to receive a draft or a cheque against your cash limit and receive it to your doorstep.
This credit card will come with a lot of attractive benefits which you can enjoy.
- You will be able to make use of many attractive benefits in almost 900 luxury hotels present across the globe.
- You will be able to receive a discount of 35% on Avis Car Rentals.
- You can consider saving a maximum of 10% in the Car Rental Services provided by Hertz.
- You will be able to get a discount of up to 20% on airport fast track immigration at almost 400 destinations present across the world.
- You will get a welcome gift in the form of e-gift vouchers which are worth an amount of Rs.1,500/- from Yatra.com.
- You will be able to get 5x reward points for bookings on travel, medical supplies purchase and for making transactions when overseas.
- You can also get 1 reward point for each amount of Rs.100/- spent by making use of this credit card.
- You will also be able to get a complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Program offered by International lounges. This membership will be worth an amount of $99.
- You will get access to almost 100 airport lounges present across the world and you will have 8 complimentary visits to lounges of domestic airports every year.
- You will be provided with a Professional Indemnity Insurance cover which is worth an amount of up to Rs.10 lakhs.
You may be interested in HSBC Premier Credit Card Benefits.
Doctor’s SBI card fees and charges
- Annual fee charges on this Doctor’s card will be an amount of Rs.1,499/-.
- The renewal fee of this credit card would be Rs.1,499/-.
- Finance charges on this card would be up to a maximum of 3.35% per month which would be summed up to 40.2% per year.
- 20 to 50 days of interest-free credit period will be provided on this credit card.
- Limit on the cash advance is a maximum of 80% of the credit limit.
- Charges on cash advance are up to 3.35% per month and when it comes to yearly, it would be up to 40.2%.
- Fee for the cash advance is 2.5% of the amount of transaction which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.300/-.
- Fee for retrieval of the statement is an amount of Rs.100/- per transaction which would be older than two months.
- Fee for payment dishonour would be 2% of the amount which has to be paid which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.450/-.
- Cheque fee charges would be an amount of Rs.100/- for the payments which are made using cheque up to an amount of Rs.2,000/-.
- There will be no fee for late payment for the amount up to Rs.200/-. An amount of Rs.100/- will be charged if the total amount due is between Rs.201/- to Rs.500/-. Late payment fee would be Rs.400/- if the due is between Rs.501/- to Rs.1,000/-. It would be Rs.500/- of the due is between Rs.1,001/- to Rs.10,000/-. Late payment fee would be an amount of Rs.750/- if the total amount due is beyond Rs.10,000/-.
- Charges on over-limit would be 2.5% of the amount of over-limit which would be subjected to a minimum amount of Rs.500/-.
- Fee for emergency replacement of card would be Rs.100/- when in India and no charge will be there if you lost your card when in abroad.
- Fee for the redemption of rewards is an amount of Rs.99/-.
- Fee for payment of cash would be an amount of Rs.100/-.
- Surcharge on the purchase of railway tickets at the counter is an amount of Rs.30/- plus 2.5% of the amount of transaction.
- Railway tickets purchased from the official website of IRCTC will be charged with 1.8% of the amount of transaction added with the service charge.
- Surcharge on fuel would be 1% and this is waived off.
- Minimum amount due is fixed at 5% of the total outstanding statement balance.
SBI Doctor’s credit card Eligibility Criteria
To get this credit card, you will be required to meet the eligibility criteria set as below
- You will have to practice salaried doctor or self-practising doctor for more than a period of 3 years.
- Your age should be between 21 to 65 years to apply for a Doctor’s Credit card.
- You should have a minimum annual income of the amount of Rs.1.5 lakhs.
Required documentation to apply for a Doctor’s SBI card
You should submit the below documents for getting this credit card
- Photocopies of your degrees or certificates of registration from the State Medical Council or Medical Council of India.
- Latest copies of Income Tax Returns.
- Bank statements of the recent six months.
Application process for a Doctor’s SBI Card
You can consider applying for a Doctor’s SBI Credit card in three ways
- You can send an SMS typing “DOCTOR” to 5676791.
- You can give a call to the customer care number of SBI and they will contact you about the initial process of application.
- You can go to the SBI official website and consider applying online. For online application, you will be required to click on the tab “Apply” and choose the card. You will be taken to the application form on which you will have to enter your details and then submit it.
- As an alternative, you can walk to the nearest SBI branches, take the application and submit it with required details. You can also submit the required documents along with the application.